SRWare Iron is a browser based on free and open source code chromium, minus the privacy issues of google chrome.SRWare Iron is a clone of google chrome and uses the latest version of Apple’s WebKit (525.19), like Safari browser.
If you love Google Chrome , then you will love SRWare Iron even better, for the following reasons:
- Unlike Google Chrome, SRWare Iron does not create/use any unique ID for each user
- SRWare Iron does not make any suggestions like the “Google suggest” integrated with google Chrome. It is well known that Google chrome makes the suggestions by sending data to their servers.
- SRWare Iron does not send any details about crashes and errors unlike Google chrome, which, based on configuration, sends them to google servers
Along with the normal installation, SRWare Iron can also include a Portable version, so you can save this browser in the USB and take it anywhere to use anytime you want. Very quick and convenient.
Frequently asked questions.
- I don’t know what it’s about here. What is Iron?
Iron ist an Internet-Browser like “Internet Explorer”, “Firefox” oder “Opera”. It is based on the “Chromium” Sourcecode.
- I read about tools, which try to anonymize Chrome. Why not use these?
Right, there are tools, which try to do the same than
Iron. But these don’t work with the sourcecode and so they only provide a limited control. E.g. they can’t disbale functions like th URL-Tracker.
- Can i really check that Iron doesn’t submit any private data, how you say?
Yes, you can. There are tools like Wireshark, which scan the whole network-traffic. SRWare
Iron could not recognize any obvious activity. But you can proof this by yourself.
- Can’t i just use an precompiled unchanged Chromium-Build from the Google Server?
This is not useful because the original Chromium-Builds have nearly the same functions inside than the original Chrome.
Whats the difference beetwen Iron and Chrome?
The current version of Google Chrome uses Version 530.5 of the Rendering-Engine WebKit, how the Browserstring tells. In
Iron we obviously use the most actual WebKit-Version (530.9).
Comparism of Iron and Chrome at privacy:
Hope you success!